FINALLY! It’s a great week with the Publix Ad!.. I love the Back to school deals continue, no only for school supplies but also for lunchbox items.
Please let me know if I missed a coupon or deal.
Top 10 Balloon Activities For Kids My daughters
LOVE the sight of a Balloon A simple rubber toy that’s been around for years can provide many hours of entertainment. Balloons are cheap, easy to find, colorful and simple. Now that it is Summer and my kids are home for more hours I am always looking for frugal ways to keep them distracted while they are having fun. I am sure many of you are in the same position as me. So here’s my top 10 Balloon Activities For kids.
1) Ballon Painting - Blow up a balloon (it can be small or large) and dip it into some kids washable paint and create a wonderful masterpiece! You can use different shapes and sizes of balloons and even have the kiddos stand on a chair and drop the wet balloon onto poster board. Just make sure you do this one outside or you may have a painted living room on your hands.
2) Deflated Balloon Pictures- Carefully try drawing a picture onto a blown up balloon using a ball point pen. Do not tie the balloons shut but rather just squeeze the opening real tight while drawing. Once the drawing is complete let the air out of the balloon and see how your picture looks now!! Re-inflate it again to see if it looks the same. This balloon activity can be done in reverse also just draw on a balloon that is not yet filled up…. then blow it up to see how it changes.
3) Simple Science Project Balloon Static Electricity- A totally awesome activity is one we often did as a child. Rub a blown up balloon into your hair and try seeing if it will stick to the wall or ceiling. If you have problems getting your hair to create static try grabbing a fuzzy wool scarf and rubbing the balloon with it. Tear up some pieces of toilet paper or Kleenex and see if your balloon will grab the pieces from the floor! Once your child learns to create static electricity they will be entertained for hours, just watch out because they might start shocking you!
4) Fill a Balloon- Fill a balloon with anything that you can find around the house. Some ideas that you could use would be shaving cream, coffee grounds, beans, water, rocks, and even hair gel. These awesome sensory balloons are great for using with kids that have a sensory issue but are great for any child and pretty much any age. Let them play around with them for a few days and when they start getting bored with them make sure you take some time to poke a hole in them and see how the liquid or dry ingredients comes out. Water will stream out but what will coffee grounds do?
5) Water Balloon Toss- Some people cringe at the thought of a water balloon fight so we have put a little nicer spin on it and called it a toss. Stand about 1 foot apart from each other and toss the balloon back and forth to see if you can catch it. Then step back another foot and continue to do so until the water balloon gets dropped.
6) Balloon Bomb Painting- Fill a few water balloons with liquid paint. Place a large piece of paper or an old sheet on the ground and throw the balloon bombs onto the paper and watch the colors fly!
7) Sink or Float?- Fill a kiddie pool up with water (or do this in the bath tub) and blow up a few balloons. Place the balloon in the water. Does is sink or does it float?. After your child figures out what it does have them try and push the balloon down with their foot, hand or their whole body. Can they keep it under?.
8) Hold a Balloon Puppet Show- Grab your puppet theater and get ready to put on a show! Grab a few balloons and draw on some cute little faces, tape the balloons to some pop-cycle sticks and use them to make a puppet show!! You can even glue on some cool looking hats or clothes to make it even more realistic!
9) Balloon Stomp- Balloons are pretty fun in general and every kid loves to pop them!! Well maybe not every kid… it may scare the young ones but older ones have a ball seeing who can pop them the fastest or who can pop the most! If it’s too hard for you child to use their feet then try having them sit on them. Make sure they have clothes on or long pants because every once in a while the balloon will get ya! Ouch!
10) Fishing for Balloons- Last but not least on our fun list of balloon activities is fishing for balloons. Blow up some balloons and place them either in your bathtub or a wading pool with water in it. Have the kids use a strainer or a pan to scoop up the balloon “fish”. It’s a great time to work on counting and also to try and “catch” certain colors of balloons. It sounds like an simple enough activity but I guarantee the kids will love it!
Do you have any fun balloon activities to add to the list.
It’s shopping time!!. Save almost half of the price on your kid’s clothing. This promo code is valid today only so don’t miss the opportunity.
There tons of T-shirts for only $1.79 shipped!.
And for boys for $2.16 shipped!.
I just got some amazing Reebok shoes for just $52.49 shipped!!. Over 300 men & women items to choose from. Keep in mind that this code is valid TODAY ONLY.
Here’s my cart:
I am a huge fan of The Body Shop! Their body butters are amazing!
I am definitely stocking up on some great lip balms and creams or maybe save them as teacher’s or holiday gifts.
$0.25 off TWO (2) ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda
$0.55 off one Frigo Cheese Heads Snack Cheese
Buy Benefiber, get Nestle Pure Life Purified Water
$5.00 off TWO (2) Schick Slim Twin Disposable
$1.50 off any one Speed Stick GEAR Deodorant
$3.00 off Schick Hydro 5 Disposable Pack
$3.00 off Schick Quattro Titanium Razor
$3.00 off Schick Xtreme3 Disposable Razor Pack
$2.00 off one (1) Schick Disposable Razor Pack
$5.00 off TWO (2) Schick Disposable Razor Packs
$1.50 off Any OPTI-FREE or CLEAR CARE Solutions
SAVE $1.00 off any ONE (1) Sparkle® 6 roll or larger paper towels package.
SAVE $0.55 off any TWO (2) Dixie® bath cup products.
SAVE $1.00 on any TWO (2) packages of Quilted Northern® bath tissue, 6 double roll or larger.
SAVE $1.00 off any TWO (2) packages of Angel Soft® bathroom tissue
“Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op.”
Don’t you just love it when a brand keeps improving over the years?. General Mills is always coming out with new products that are great not only for adults but for kids as well.
The new Cheerios Protein is available in 2 delicious flavors: Oats & Honey and Cinnamon Almond. Enjoy the same Cheerios we all know and love plus crunchy sweet clusters filled with protein goodness. My little girls are both starting school in less than a month so they need a good breakfast that will keep them going throughout the day. Not only for energy but for concentration as well.
The new Cheerios when taken with milk has up to 11 grams of protein and 220 calories per 1 1/4 cup. Since the calories are a bit high I recommend giving this to your kids as meal instead of a snack.
On the other hand, Chex Gluten Free Oatmeal is here!. If you suffer from gluten allergies or Celiac Disease and miss the flavor of oatmeal in the morning then head on over to Publix and stock up. You can now enjoy your morning hot cereal with flavors such as Apple Cinnamon, Maple Brown Sugar and Original. I am saving these for my mom who is gluten intolerant and is always searching for gluten free items.
The great news is that all these new items have coupons in the new Back To School Green Advantage Flyer available at Publix from 7/26 – 8/15:
Plus, you can stack these coupons with the following manufacturer ones:
$1/1 Cheerios Protein Cereal, exp. 8/9/14 (SS 06/29/14)
And Cheerios Protein will be BOGO starting Thursday 7/31 so use the coupons stock up and save!!.